WinXP Balloon PopUps – What are they
Even after Microsoft has discontinued shipping Windows XP operating system a few months back, many of the systems still operate on Windows XP operating system. A little less than half of the visitors of this blog still use Windows XP as their operating system.
One of the major question raised by the users of WinXP is how to remove or block the annoying pop-ups, which appear from your system trey or task bar, when you are busy working at some serious stuff. Although they contain some useful information, but many times they are plain useless and tell you something, which you already know about your system. In such cases some people want to know, how they can remove these WinXP Balloon popups.
Removing WinXP Balloon PopUps
In order to remove these Balloon Pop Ups from bothering you again and again, you will have to make some changes to your windows registry. You have to be careful while doing this, because modifications of the windows registry may sometimes cause complications with the operation of our Windows XP.
Don’t worry, these are just simple steps.
- Click on Start > Run.
- Type “regedit” and Enter.
- The registry editor will open. Just navigate to the following path in the left pane. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.
- Right click in an empty space in the right pane.
- Choose “New” and then Choose “DWORD Value”
- Type in “EnableBalloonTips”
- Name it EnableBalloonTips.
- Now double click it and enter 0 as the Value Data.
- Save your settings. You might require to reboot or log-off and logon.