Low Virtual Memory – What to do ?
If you are a lazy person like many computer wizards, you would have encountered an annoying pop-up window many times, which notifies you that you are running on low virtual memory, and Windows is trying to increase it. If it happens once in a while, then its OK. Nothing to worry about. But if it happens repeatedly, then you need to take action, because now it has started affecting the performance of your PC.
How to optimize Virtual memory in XP
A few simple steps.
- Open Control Panel > System.
- Click on Advanced tab
- Click the Settings button in the Performance panel.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the Change button in the Virtual memory panel.
- It was lying deep, but you found it.
- Now, you have two options. If you exactly about your system, you can choose the size of the virtual memory, otherwise select the System managed size option. It is safe.
Simple, isn’t it?