Many a times, it happens that Windows does not allows you to delete, rename or move a file or application, stating that it is already in use. Whatever you try, but all your efforts are in vain. This also happens with malware files, which simply refuse to get deleted.
In such situations, you have to find the Windows Processes with which that particular file or application is associated. But how to do that?
LockHunter is a freeware tool to do the job in such a situation.
It is a free tool to delete files blocked by something you do not know. LockHunter is useful for fighting against malware, and other programs that are blocking files without a reason. Unlike other similar tools it deletes files into the recycle bin so you may restore them if deleted by mistake.
Features of LockHunter
- Shows processes locking a file or folder
- Allows to unlock, delete, copy or rename a locked file
- Allows to kill locking process
- Allows to remove locking processes from hard drive
- Integrates in to Explorer menu
- It deletes files into the recycle bin, so you may restore them if deleted by mistake
- Supports both 32 and 64bit Windows