What is Data Doctor 2010
Data Doctor 2010 is a ransomware. It is a scam, which encrypts the data contained in your hard disk and demands money from you to allow you to repair your data. It is really chilling experience to stare upon your computer screen after the attack of Data Doctor 2010, and see that you are unable to access any of your files.
It arrives through drive by downloads from malicious web sites. It’s also packaged with other malware. As soon as a computer gets infected with Data Doctor 2010…
- The victim receives a message that the system is shutting down due to “Unrecognized disk driver command.”
- His system is then re-booted to safe mode and a message is displayed: “Windows has recovered from a serious error. Some files can be corrupted. Disk checking is strongly recommended.”
- Attempting to access a file, the victim receives the message “Unable to open the file due to data corruption”. The repair file button downloads Data Doctor 2010, which of course runs in trial mode. It does, however, offer to repair one (1) file for you so you know it is “legitimate.”
- And, the pitch: pay $89.95 for a lifetime license. Additionally, these slime have the audacity to tack on a $1.50 activation fee.
Technical Details of Data Doctor 2010
- Full name: Data Doctor 2010, DataDoctor 2010, DataDoctor2010
- Date Appeared: Dec. 2009
- Characteristic: Rogue security program
- URL: http://Data Doctor 2010.com
Do I need to remove Data Doctor 2010
You can yourself search your computer manually, but it is not recommended unless you are a tech-geek. To save time and effort, we recommend you to download a FREE Scanner.
The best way for the removal of Data Doctor 2010 is to install a good quality Anti-spyware Program and scan your system for any infections.
Automatic removal of Data Doctor 2010 is always good and complete as compared to any attempts to manually remove it, which may sometime lead to erroneous results. If you are not completely aware of all the files and registry entries used by this rogue anti-spyware, then we do not recommend you to attempt for the manual removal of Data Doctor 2010.
Instructions to get rid of Data Doctor 2010
If you really want to remove the Data Doctor 2010 infection on your system manually then proceed as follows.
Step 1: Kill the Data Doctor 2010 Processes – Learn how to do that
Step 2: Remove Data Doctor 2010 files, folders and all associated Data Doctor 2010 DLL files:Learn how to do that
Step 3: Uninstall Data Doctor 2010 registry entries: Learn how to do that