Internet Security is something, which you cannot take lightly. Specially with the ever changing face of online threats, you just cannot rely upon a single security tools to provide you an all round protection from Internet threats.
You may have invested in the best security tools, but still it is advisable to use a different resource for scanning your system to be doubly sure. In such situations, Online Internet Security services from reputed vendors are pf particular help. Many of these services are absolutely FREE and are a great security tool to strengthen your second level defense against all sorts of viruses, spyware, malware and other online threats.
Here we have compiled a list of one of the best online security tools. Have a look at them.
- Microsoft Live OneCare: Use this free protection scan from the trusted source like Microsoft, to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software and to find vulnerabilities in your Internet connection.
- McAfee FreeScan: McAfee FreeScan helps you detect thousands of viruses on your computer. Based on the award-winning McAfee VirusScan engine, FreeScan searches for viruses, including the latest known “in the wild” viruses, and displays a detailed list of any infected files.
- ActiveScan 2.0: ActiveScan 2.0 is an advanced online scanner based on Collective Intelligence (scanning in-the-cloud) that detects malware that traditional security solutions cannot detect.
- Trend Micro™ HouseCall: Trend Micro™ HouseCall is an application for checking whether your computer has been infected by viruses, spyware, or other malware. HouseCall performs additional security checks to identify and fix vulnerabilities to prevent reinfection.
- eTrust PestScan: The eTrust PestScan shows you what spyware is on your system. It will not remove or modify any files. To remove harmful spyware, purchase our full-feature solution, eTrust PestPatrol® Anti-Spyware. This scanner requires a browser such as Internet Explorer which is capable of rendering ActiveX objects.
- BitDefender Online Scanner: BitDefender Online Scanner is an on-demand virus scanner which incorporates the award-winning BitDefender scanning engines. You can use it to scan your system’s memory, all files and drives’ boot sectors, and to automatically clean infected files.
- Ewido Virus Scan: With the help of our online scanner you can scan and clean your computer from malware without having to install additional software on your computer. It also requires the use of Internet Explorer and ActiveX. If you are using any other browser, you can download a minimal version of ewido anti-spyware.
- F-Secure Online Virus Scan: F-Secure offers to scan a PC for common infections like virus and rootkits. It also removes the found infections. However, F-Secure needs Internet Explorer to run, and doesn’t have support for Firefox as of yet.
- ESET’s Online Antivirus Scanner: ESET’s Online Antivirus Scanner uses its patented ThreatSense technology which is featured in company’s desktop and server products.
- Kaspersky Online Scanner.: Kaspersky claims its Online Scanner to have the highest detection rate. To some extent, it is true.
Start using them. It will sure go a long way to strengthen your Internet Security.