We have earlier covered two useful tools, which allowed you to manage windows processes and freeze windows processes easily. Apart from knowing the details of the running processes currently on your computer, such applications also provide you security by notifying the hidden processes, often leading to malware detection.
Process Hacker is yet another Process Monitoring tool, which also allows you to manage them efficiently. It is an open-source project having lots of features to make your life easier to manage windows processes.
Features of Process Hacker include…
- A simple, customizable tree view with highlighting showing you the processes running on your computer.
Detailed performance graphs.
- A complete list of services and full control over them (start, stop, pause, resume and delete).
- A list of network connections.
- Comprehensive information for all processes: full process performance history, thread listing and stacks with dbghelp symbols, token information, module and mapped file information, virtual memory map, environment variables, handles, …
- Full control over all processes, even processes protected by rootkits or security software. Its kernel-mode driver has unique abilities which allows it to terminate, suspend and resume all processes and threads, including software like IceSword, avast! anti-virus, AVG Antivirus, COMODO Internet Security, etc. (just to name a few).
Find hidden processes and terminate them. Process Hacker detects processes hidden by simple rootkits such as Hacker Defender and FU.
- Easy DLL injection and unloading – simply right-click a process and select “Inject DLL” to inject and right-click a module and select “Unload” to unload!