What is Trojan.Downexec.C
Trojan.Downexec.C is a Trojan horse that may download files and steal information from the compromised computer.
Technical details of W32.Downadup.B
Characteristics of W32.Downadup.B
When the Trojan Trojan.Downexec.C is executed, it creates the following file:
Trojan.Downexec.C then modifies the following registry entry, so that it starts when certain programs start:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\”AppInit_DLLs” = “GameMon.des”
Trojan.Downexec.C then attempts to steal information from the PlayOnline Viewer program, sending it to one of the following URLs:[http://]p://chengzhibing.com/xinfff/save[REMOVED][http://]p://452233794.com/cert/save[REMOVED]
Trojan.Downexec.C also periodically scans all removable drives for executable files and attempts to infect them.
Removing of Trojan.Downexec.C
Removal of malware like Trojan.Downexec.C can be best done by automatic removing through a reputed Security Software like Norton 360. We discourage removing malware like Trojan.Downexec.C using manual removal instructions, because it requires lots of expertise and chances are always there that the malware is not removed at all.
How to get rid of Trojan.Downexec.C - Removal Steps:
- Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP). This is important step because if a virus, worm, or Trojan infects a computer, System Restore may back up the virus, worm, or Trojan on the computer. Windows prevents outside programs, including antivirus programs, from modifying System Restore. Therefore, antivirus programs or tools cannot remove threats in the System Restore folder. As a result, System Restore has the potential of restoring an infected file on your computer, even after you have cleaned the infected files from all the other locations.
- Download Norton 360, if do not have it already.
- It has been successfully tested that Norton 360 protection effectively cleans your system against Trojan.Downexec.C infections. We suggest that you update the virus definitions of your Norton 360 protection.
- If you do not have Norton 360, we recommend that you first download the Trialware version (Absolutely FREE) and scan your system. Do download the Trialware version, click here to go to Symantec Website and Click on Trialware. .
- Run a full system scan. Make sure that Norton 360 is configured to scan all the files.
- In case the malware Trojan.Downexec.C does not allow you to scan, then restart your system in Safe Mode and run the scan again.
- Take steps as suggested. After you delete the malware Trojan.Downexec.C, restart the system in normal mode.
- If you get some error messages on Restart, click Ok and proceed. Now you need to delete the registry keys created by the malware Trojan.Downexec.C.
- Warning: Registry Editing may be risky for your Windows Installation. We recommend using a professional registry cleaner software like PC Tools Registry Mechanic. For manual registry cleaning, Click Start > Run, Type regedit and Click OK. Remember to take backup of your registry before proceeding
- Navigate to the registry keys related to Trojan.Downexec.C malware (given above) and delete them.
- Restart the system.
>>> Tip: Click Here to Boost Internet and PC performance