If you want to hide your private data, files and folders on your computer, then most people prefer to use encryption techniques and tools. But the problem with encryption is that it makes people suspicious. Encryption doesn’t hide your files and folders. It merely makes them inaccessible from un-authorized users. Anybody looking at these inaccessible files and folders might be tempted to know, what exactly is there behind that encryption and try to break that encryption.
What if, you are able to simple hide the files so that other people do not even know that they even exist on your computer. Will not it be better.
MyLockBox, is a freeware utility, which allows you to password protect any file or folder, and the password protected folders are hidden from other people accessing your computer, even the administrators and the system itself. You can use a simple hotkey to bring your files back to action.
Features of LockBox
- Very easy in use
- Almost any folder on your computer can be password protected
- Instant protection – no file scrambling or moving to another place
- Lockbox folder is inaccessible even by the system administrators
- Lockbox folder is inaccessible both locally and remotely.
- Lockbox folder can be protected in Windows safe mode
- Windows XP x64 support
- Hotkeys support – you can popup Control Panel with a simple keystroke.
- Skinned user interface